How is this version of Goldilocks similar to the original?
How is it different?
How do you feel about Goldilocks in this version? Why?
So what you think of this version?
Thank you to the P&F and all the lovely mums who helped make our walkathon so much fun.
What was your favourite part ?
We have been talking a lot about each others stories. Everyone has a different story to share.
Today we were lucky enough to hear Ari’s story. Ari’s grandmother and Aunt are visiting from India so they came along with Ari’s mother Navas to tell us about the Rego family story.
We all learnt many , many new things about India. Even the teachers learnt lots of interesting facts.
These are some of the interesting things we learnt.
- India is 5000 years old
- There are 29 different states and 6 territories in India
- Each state is like a little country , they each had different food, dancing styles and clothes.
- There are 1.2 billion people who live in India
- There were 4 religions started in India, Hidu, Sikhs, Jans, and Buddhism.
- There were 4 other religions introduced to India: they are Judaism, Zoroastian, Muslim and Christianity.
- In 52AD, St Thomas the Apostle came to India- some people say he is buried there.
- Lots of things were invented in India- snakes and ladders, chess, yoga, and martial arts and they taught us how to count.
- English is spoken everywhere but Hindi is the national language.
- Many of the scientists at NASA are Indian
- India has the largest amount of post offices in the world and the largest train system
We really enjoyed learning about your family story Ari.
In our class this year we have not one, but 5 class pets!
We welcome Mr Bond, Flubber, Rocky, Mr Potato and Hermity……….. OUR NEW HERMIT CRABS.
So far we have learnt these facts about Hermit Crabs
- they like to be on land and in water
- they need to be kept warm
- when they think we are not looking, they start moving around
Do you know any facts about Hermit Crabs?
Stay tuned to hear about their adventures.